Aug 16, 2011

Mind Mapping the Seagull Mind

The other day I did the first step of the seagull simulator by making a mind map.  A mind map is a map of ideas using a hierarchy format.  It allows me to create ideas and list what goes with those ideas.
There are two maps I made; one is what variables and methods are going into each object (seagull, people, so on).  An object is something I just need to create once, then can create multiple objects of the same thing.  Its like saying I have a box with a default person in it.  Written on the outside of the box is what shirt they are wearing, age, personality values, their location, and so on.  Then I can use this base object and request 100 people, each given a random appearance and personality, and able to have their own location.  Same thing happens with seagulls.
The other map is the order of stuff I need to do to make the program work.  I am going to work from the furthest item to the center, and can only progress when everything below an item is done and made green.
Below is the mind map.  To view it in detail click the image.  Please remember I am not a seagull expert, I am a programmer.  Normally an expert would tell me what I need to know to make the program.  I have made estimations and guesses about numbers such as how long they remember.  If you are a seagull expert let me know if you have better numbers.  Or for anyone, if you think I am missing something or whatever, just leave a comment.
Oh, if you read it, after you click to go to the picture there is a zoom button on the top right of the picture.  That will allow you to see the original picture.

From the guy with his eye on the sky, Travis...the seagull hunting camping lifeguard

No comments:

Post a Comment