Aug 15, 2011

Lets go Hunting

Last week or so, the beach I lifeguard at, Bayview Beach in Ashland, Wi, was closed due to high e-coli levels.  Part of the reason the e-coli levels were so high was due to seagulls and their poop.  When it rains, their poop, and everything that is in it gets washed into Lake Superior and can raise the e-coli.
They tend to hang out near Bayview Beach as we have wood pilings that they can sit on to rest and a beach and two grocery stores to get free food from.  People also like to feed them, which trains them to come over more.  In the next post, Seagull Hunting, I talk about seagull training.
Since I went hunting, I have gotten a bit obsessed with shooing seagulls, I am going to break off this topic from The Camping Lifeguard.  This blog is going to be all about repelling seagulls, including a Seagull-People interaction simulator, and hopefully building the “Portable Dog Killer”.
One last thing.  During all of this I do not condone the harm or killing of seagulls. Anything I say or do or suggest is only for repelling seagulls.  If any harm does come to a seagull its either by not moving out of the way of my bike, or having a heart attack from being scared too much.
From the guy with his eye on the sky, Travis...the seagull hunting camping lifeguard

No comments:

Post a Comment